IT IS WITH SADNESS WE ANNOUNCE THAT AFTER 30+ YEARS OF SERVICE TO OUR COMMUNITY, THE MINISTRY WILL BE PULLING THE FUNDING FROM OUR MINISTRY OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS.
The Supervised Visitation program will ensure the safety of children visiting parents and/or family members. Families are provided coaching, modeling and educational advice to appropriately parent and maintain healthy relationships.
Upon referral from the Ministry of Child and Family Development, the program will:
- Collabourate with the parent and/or family and social worker to develop and sign a supervision plan to clarify roles, arrange times and location, and confirm transportation
- Conduct visitation schedule
- Observe parental attendance, appropriateness, and make notes as required.
- Report to the Ministry of Child and Family
- Development on incidents
- Record interactions, and de-escalating or terminating situations that may present a risk to children.