Better at Home: Giving seniors a hand with day-to-day tasks.
Better at Home is a program that helps seniors with simple day-to-day tasks so that they can continue to live independently in their own homes and remain connected to their communities.
About Better At Home:
- Provides non-medical supports to seniors, in their homes, helping seniors remain independent.
- Offers a variety of services for seniors to choose from.
- Services are provided by screened contractors and volunteers.
- Sliding scale fee schedule eliminates financial barrier to obtaining services (fees based on income).
Services to choose from could include:
- Yard work / snow removal
- Minor Home Repair / Handyman
- Fees are collected by Castlegar Community Services Society (no financial exchange between seniors and volunteers/contractors.
- No tipping allowed.
Check out some “Better at Home Success Stories” to see how the program has been helping seniors across BC! Click here to read all about it.
Click to download the Castlegar Better at Home brochure.
Sandi McCreight, Program Coordinator 250-365-2104 ext.23
Nicole Purves, Program Assistant 250-365-2104 ext.25