The following postings are currently open:
Job Title: Youth Program Coordinator 2 (Click to Open)
Program: Youth Program
Last Updated: June 2019
Effective Date: July 2, 2019
Benchmark: Program Coordinator 2
Standard Wage Grid: 14
Rate of Pay: PC 2 – Grid level 14 – Step 1 – 25.54$
Job Summary: Maternity Leave position to February/March 2020. Develops and implements a range of youth services that are intended to improve youth lives. This position requires flexibility in hours, and availability to work up to 15 hours per week. This position requires the ability to liaise with businesses, other service agencies, and non profits. Program Coordinator will supervise volunteers and any potential program staff.
Reports to: Executive Director
Key Duties and
Responsibilities: Service Responsibilities:
- Gathers information relevant to the youth issues, problems, needs and risks, and refer out to appropriate services
- Client Outreach
- Recruit and work with program advisory committee
- Outlines services provided by the Youth program and/or the agency; provides information on and referral to other community service providers, resources, and professionals, as required.
- Provide assessments to match the need of the youth.
- Provides interventions to as required
- Participates in the development, modification, and evaluation of program.
- Provides support, guidance, problem-solving, skill building, and feedback to clients in an individual or group setting; advocates for and encourages self-advocacy among clients to ensure basic needs are met.
- Liaise with all forms of media with the assistance of the Executive Director
- Liaises with and/or promotes program with other community service providers, and professionals,
- Maintains related records and statistics and provides monthly progress reports to relevant supervisor
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Program promotion and presentations
Education & Experience:
BA in a related human/social service field. Two years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Previous experience working with a diverse community, including different cultures, income levels, abilities etc.
Excellent computer skills including work, excel, and PowerPoint
Education and experience regarding Youth issues, LGTBQ (recognizing, reporting, and services available)
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to assist with a variety of youth needs.
- Ability to work in a collaborative way with partnering agencies and organizations.
- Ability to research, develops, and teach skill building strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, case management, time, and stress management skills.
- Experience in facilitating and leading groups
- Strong knowledge on community resources relevant to Youth
- Community public relations experience and asset
This position will work after school, and have be flexible. Located at 1007 2nd Street, Castlegar, BC.
A vehicle is required with 3 million liability. This position is open to male and female applicants and requires union membership with the BCGEU.
Closing date for applications: June 21st, 2019
Please submit resume to Kristein Johnson at:
Email to : Kristein.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: 1007 2nd Street, Castlegar BC V1N 1Y4
Fax to: 250-365-2154