The following postings are currently open:
Job Title: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Download this posting HERE
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Effective Date: April 2015
Last Updated: October 2019
Job Summary: Provides general office and administrative duties to Executive Director, Board of Directors, Financial Controller and staff.
Reports to: Executive Director / Financial Controller
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Agency receptionist duties:
- Answers phone and/or in person inquiries and routes to appropriate staff members if required;
- Responsible for checking phone messages, sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail;
- Operates and is responsible for maintaining office equipment i.e. computers, printers, copiers, phones and facsimile equipment;
- Responsible for petty cash fund, gift cards, bus passes and Agency credit card;
Other support duties
- Provides information to clients and visitors;
- Fulfills front line intake duties and forms; check program requirement documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Support to management and programs
- Performs word processing and typing support with regard to routine correspondence, meeting minutes, forms, etc. to Board of Directors, Executive Director, Financial Controller and staff members;
- Uses other related software application;
- Provides support to Finance Controller;
- Maintains and updates agency website;
- Assists in program management and program files;
- Ensures program reporting is done in an accurate and timely manner;
- Establishes and maintains current and orderly filing system, including agency payroll files, copies and faxes;
- Determines office supply needs and orders upon authorization from the Executive Director or Financial Controller;
- Negotiates purchase price and other materials when delegated.
Executive Director/Finance Controller and Board Support
- Prepares orientation packages and necessary forms for new employees;
- Prepares Board Orientation Manuals;
- Creates, updates and checks staff time sheets bi-weekly, keeping track of employees’ annual leave, sick leave entitlements and balances, staff sign-in and sign-out binder;
- Ensures all necessary documentation is placed in payroll files;
- Distributes keys to new employees and retains a key sign-out sheet for all employees holding a front door key to the agency;
- Maintain keys for other offices in building;
- Retrieves agency property from exiting employees and completes exit procedures;
- Ensures reception area is tidy, clean and orderly as well as liaise with housekeeping staff for needed services;
- Ensures office spaces have a current fire safety plan and evacuation procedures in accordance with the Agency Policies;
- Maintains a current and up-to-date Policy and Procedures Manual at front and in Executive Director office;
- Ensures first aid certification is up-to-date and First-aid Kit is complete and accessible;
- Administers and maintains employee files;
- Conducts reference checks for prospective employees;
- Drafts confidential employment-related letters;
- Assists employees with Health and Welfare benefit related questions, claims and forms;
- Assists employees with Health and Welfare Benefits and Municipal Pension Plan;
- Attends Board meetings if requested to take minutes and provides confidential administrative support to Board members;
- Collects, researches and prepares confidential information for use at Board meetings including budget reports, service delivery , program reports;
- Reviews and summarizes miscellaneous confidential reports and documents and prepare background documents as necessary;
- Arranges confidential meetings, schedules confidential appointments and makes travel arrangements for management and the Board;
- Files and organizes confidential accounting documentation, including invoices, receipts, cheque stubs and bank statements;
- Preforms other duties as assigned;
Education, Training & Experience:
Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of a program
up to (1) year training in business or office administration;
Two (2) years recent related experience. Or a combination of education, training and experience;
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively,; ability to deal effectively with others;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to operate personal computer/application programs and other office equipment;
- Good organization, time, and general management skills;
- Understanding of the dynamics, and possessing the ability to deal with and represent a non-profit organization in a positive and supportive fashion;
- Understanding the dynamics of working in a counseling and support agency where client confidentiality and respectful client service are paramount;
- Possessing the ability to foster positive relationships with other agency employees and volunteers, government officials, and external contacts;
- Having First Aid/CPR, or a willingness to obtain;
The ability to function independently, while managing multiple projects, tasks and deadlines is an expectation; Ability to work in an often demanding environment under high pressure circumstances.
This position will be 30-35 hours per week for the first 2-3 months for training purposes.
Regular hours will be: 18 hours per week – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Wage: $17.30 – $18.50
Deadline for application: March 27, 2020
Please send resumes to Kristein Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 250-365-2154
Drop off at/ or mail to: 1007 2nd Street, Castlegar BC V1N 1Y4
Job Title: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
Download this posting HERE
Job Title: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER- SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTIVE VISITATION
Last Updated: June 2019
Benchmark: Family Support Worker
Standard Wage Grid: 12- $23.23
Hours per week 14.0
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Family Support Program Team Lead, and working in collabouration with the Family Support team, this position will provide parenting support services that are intended to improve family functioning and ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
Reports to: Family Program Team Lead
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Responsibilities: Family Support Worker
- Responds to referrals coming from the Family Support Team Lead.
- Gathers information relevant to the family’s problems, needs and risks by meeting with parents/caregivers and relevant service providers.
- Outlines services provided by the Family Support Program and/or the agency; provides information on and referral to other community service providers, resources, and professionals, as required.
- Develops and implements an intervention plan within program guidelines or as established by the Family Support Team Lead and MCFD Social Worker and the family/caregivers.
- Provides interventions to family members, as required, in the following areas:
- parenting skill enhancement and development strategies (including parenting education groups)
- Child and Youth work, group and individual
- Participates in the development, modification, and evaluation of client service plans utilizing the Integrated Case Management approach.
- Provides support, guidance, problem-solving, skill building, and feedback to clients in an individual or group setting; advocates for and encourages self-advocacy among clients to ensure basic needs are met.
- Liaises with and/or promotes the interests of families with other community service providers, professionals, and school personnel, as required.
- Maintains related records and statistics and provides monthly progress reports to Family Support Team Lead.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Service Responsibilities: Supervised and Supportive Visitation
- Respond to referrals coming from MCFD
- Ensure the safety of the children visiting their parents and/or family members.
- Supporting visitation with coaching and modelling.
- Observing all conversations, behaviors, attitudes, attendance, and non verbal behavior.
- Ensure notes are accurate, nonjudgmental and factual.
- Follow all agency safety protocols.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related human/social service field. One (1) year recent related supervised experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- working knowledge of family systems issues, child development, and child abuse reporting guidelines
- ability to research, develop, and teach parenting skill building strategies
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- good organizational, case management, time, and stress management skills.
- This position is part of the BCGEU, and union membership is required.
- Open to all genders.
Deadline for submission: March 31, 2020
Please submit resume to Kristein Johnson at:
Email to : Kristein.email@example.com
Mail to: 1007 2nd Street, Castlegar BC V1N 1Y4
Fax to: 250-365-2154
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY – SOCIAL ENTERPRISE: MILLENNIUM PARK CONCESSION
Download this posting HERE
This opportunity will be between June – Labor Day
Castlegar and District Community Services Society operates the concession at Millennium Park in the summer months as a social enterprise. This means that we have both business goals and social goals. Our main purpose is to promote, encourage, and make social change within our community. Our social enterprises is a business we run to further our purpose in a financially sustainable way. We work to generate opportunities that meet the basic needs of people who live in poverty and help young people gain skills through the employment opportunities, as well as generating profits that can be applied to our programs and services within the agency. Our social enterprise also helps us to not solely rely on grant money for smaller projects. We rely on help through volunteers to make our agency what it is, and we feel that without this support we would not have the same success as we do. We are asking volunteers to join our team this year again, and help us make it a great year!
Summary of volunteer role:
We will be looking for volunteers who are willing to commit 4 hours at one time, and able to do this one a Sunday or Monday. We ask that you are willing to do this 1-3 times per month. We also ask for individuals who are willing share the agency mission and vision.
We improve the quality of people’s lives by providing assistance, counselling and support, and by working for social change in our communities.
We are looking for people with customer service skills, cooking skills, cleaning skills, leadership and great attitudes.
Commitment to Health and Safety
Job Duties and skills
Adhere to and enforce all appropriate workplace regulations, compliance, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and company policies and procedures
Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude
Protect the health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices and reporting unsafe conditions immediately
Greet customers with a smile and answer their questions as required
Proactively attend to customer complaints in a professional manner
Take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute
Food safe is preferred, however can possibly be provided
Knowledge of safe and healthy practices.
A willingness to be reliable in volunteer time.
For more information
Please reach out to Kristein Johnson for more information on this volunteer opportunity, and how we can make this a positive experience for all.
1007 2nd Street, Castlegar BC V1N1Y4